Sunday, February 04, 2007

How do you repay?


An old mate from Sydney came to stay. John Robertson, his wife Rachel, his son Liam and his baby daughter Rebecca were with us for the weekend. Robbo and I have known each other for over twenty years. We played in a band together, I've photographed both his weddings, had a million laughs with him and shared some really good times.

Robbo turns up with two extra tickets for the Roger Waters concert here in Melbourne - one each for my son and myself. Nathan and I love Pink Floyd, so it was a great gift. He has always been a generous man. How do you repay such kindness when the only thing you can do is take pictures? Well, take pictures.

While his daughter Rebecca was exploring our kitchen floor, I grabbed my D200, my 85mmf1.8 and shot away. Ten minutes later I was able to repay to some degree his kindness. I printed this portrait of his daughter out on canvas paper before he left.

No comments:

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller