Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Just Walking Around

For me, the joy of photography has often been not in seeing or experiencing the spectacular, although I have certainly had my share of it. Rather, the joy of photography that is available to everyone with a camera is in the art of seeing ordinary things and transforming them into personal visual interpretations. Not everything you see or everywhere you travel will be spectacular, wonderful, beautiful, incredible. But the great gift of photography is the one we give to ourselves - the art of seeing those qualities in the commonplace objects that surround us.As mentioned in a previous post, I was in Albury for APSCON recently. While walking through the streets on the morning of the day of my presentation, I had my Nikon D200 and my all-rounder lens, the Tamron 18-250. This is an incredible piece of glass, considering what it is. I wouldn't use it for everything, although there is little it can't do. Just seeing the colours and shapes around me was enough to get the juices flowing again.
Professional photographers do not do this enough. As a result there comes a time when they lose their passion, and their eye.How very sad, considering how easy it is to keep it.

1 comment:

svllee said...

Hello Shelton, just dropped by after searching the web for info on the Ricoh GX100... great site and I love your wedding images. I shoot weddings too..! Best, Steven

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller