Thursday, May 01, 2008

I should just get used to it...


I mean, how long have I been in this trade...and it still surprises me. Let me explain.
I received a call from a long time friend and client. She has been organising a large display stand for her client. Everything is done. The design is approved, the size, the build, the colours, even the image.
Did someone say Image?
Oops? Has someone actually taken the photograph?
Um..(the sound of crickets...)

"HELLLLLP !" comes the cry from the client. "We need a photograph, yesterday, of a girl standing in a blank context pointing to her right...You don't happen to have one in your stock images, do you Shelton?"

"Um..no, but I can take one."

So, I call my good friend Jessica, who is not only the wife of my very good friend Dogface, but a girl I have known almost since she was born. She is now a woman of 30 and such a lovely person. More than that, her look was perfect for the nature of the shoot. Despite having the flu and a sore back, she came to my rescue - again! We had the shoot done and the image uploaded to the client within hours.

Thanks again Jess!

No comments:

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller