Thursday, July 08, 2010

A Bomber and a Bombshell!

Last night's 40's Pin Up event came as the result of an off hand comment I made while I was in LA with Glynn. He was recording me with his Kodak Zi8 as I was looking at a retro calender in a shop window. I said something like "We should do a 40's Pin Up Workshop". When the video played on our website, the thought of it became a reality when so many people put their hands up and said 'Yeah! I would come to that!' . Thus, a passing comment became another event for Creative Photo Workshops to run as part of our Winter Series. Sometimes its good to think out loud!

We found a WWII Liberator bomber under restoration in a hangar in Werribee, and the owners were kind enough to let us in and do our thing. So, last night, in we went. Looking after the needs of the group, Glynn and I don't get to shoot much, but here are a couple of images I had fun with in PhotoShop.
Thanks to our brave and beautiful models - Rebecca, Brooke and Darci for braving the cold and for making the evening possible. Thanks to John and Judi for making us all welcome in their beloved hangar. Thanks to Gordon for bringing that fabulous jeep and to Monika Brecht and Josey DeVito for doing the model's hair and makeup. Thanks also to all our friends who attended and brought their cameras and a sense of fun. It was a great night and another successful event.

No comments:

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller