Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Rocky Mountain Road Trip




Once in a lifetime a man may get the chance to do something special with his son. In 1981, my father and I travelled through the Canadian Rockies together on a father and son roadtrip we will never forget. I was only beginning as a photographer and the images and experiences from that memorable trip set me on the career path I now enjoy.

So, when Leanne and Tyler invited me to photograph their wedding in Edmonton, I immediately set into motion the chance to do the same thing with my son, Nathan, who is now 15. Nathan and I both enjoy photography together, as well as listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, and a touch of ACDC and a number of other rock classics..So we will be rocking in the Rockies. As you can imagine, we are both looking forward to this. We fly out tomorrow, October 11th at 7am...

So, while I will try to keep you updated, at least you will know where we will be...See you at the end of October. My thanks (with all my heart) to Leon and Gina at House of Holidays for their help in getting me there, on budget, on time. You guys are the best. You Rock the Rockies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you two! By the time you read this you are probably back 'down under'!! Hope you had an enjoyable, safe trip. I just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you for the GREAT time we had with you this past week! You made the day very special for the kids and I KNOW they enjoyed every minute they had with you. I can't wait to see the results of the sessions!! Maybe see you in June, although we all realize that is MUCH easier said than done!! Keep up the good work, and Jah's blessing on both of you. I was truely a pleasure and privilege to meet, work and party with you guys. And if I can say it Shelton, good choice on bringing Nathan! As the 'father of the bride', I can tell you that time goes by too fast and you have created memories to last forever!!

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller