Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Faking It

My assignment was to photograph a busy commercial foyer area, making sure the people in the image were blurred, moving, and many. The blurred and moving was easy. The many was the hard part.
The foyer to which I was given access was fantastic and I am grateful to the large corporation that allowed me to use it and grant me access to their security people. However, for some strange reason, it was suddenly a deserted wasteland. I don't know where all the people went! So, what to do?

Set the camera up firmly on my Manfrotto tripod, set the exposure to manual and take as many pictures as I could as various people moved through my field of view. Then, in PhotoShop, combine the images to make it look like they all happened to be there at the same time. It seemed the only option. Sometimes your images only come to fruition when you know that there is a process beyond the camera that can enable it to be what it has to be.

No comments:

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller