Monday, February 16, 2009

Another Creative People Photography Workshop

This past Saturday had me back at Montsalvat for yet another Creative People Photography workshop. I love Montsalvat as a location. I love photographing people and I love running workshops. So all in all you could say it was a fabulous day.
The light was interesting on Saturday. The recent fires in this state have changed the sky into a large hazy brown softbox. The light of early morning and late afternoon was particularly warm and soft.
Croydon Camera House were my agents for this workshop and it was great to have my son along as well. Nathan has a great eye for photography and our Father/Son roadtrip through Canada in October 2006 revealed his talents to me. But he hasn't had much experience photographing people.
After today's workshop I think he has found the very thing he enjoys photographing the most. Mind you, Charmaine was an attractive girl, so that helps! More than that, she was a lot of fun to work with and that makes the day more enjoyable for everyone.
Once again, I endeavoured to bring home to the attendees the simple principles that enable great portraits and people pictures. I taught them my three simple mantras for people photographs and showed them why and how they work. The group enjoyed their day very much and each of them went home with some great portraits. The most important thing is that they are now able to take these kinds of images themselves. For me, that is perhaps the greatest reward.


No comments:

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller