Sunday, July 19, 2009

Amanda and Tom's wedding


The first time I met Amanda I was sitting in a cafe in Lygon Street. I had never laid eyes on this young woman who had kindly asked me to set aside her wedding date so that I could be her photographer. The moment she walked into the cafe I felt her energy. She had told me to look for a woman with a peacock on her dress. When we met I asked about a peacock I couldn't actually see. Laughing, she broke into a shimmy in the middle of the cafe so that I could see the peacock design on her dress more evidently. She still had to point it out, but I knew at that moment that this was a wedding I wanted to capture. Even the conversation that ensued made me look so very forward to her wedding day. When it finally arrived I was so happy to be there.

Amanda and Tom decided to marry at London Bridge in Portsea, Victoria. This is a brave decision for anyone at any time of year, but July? This is mid winter in Victoria! But the weather held out and I enjoyed photographing them both as they stood perched on one of the rock ledges of this geological structure. We didn't get much time for photographs thereafter as it did begin to rain and howl...but it was not a problem at all.
I will get some more details here soon, but for now...Thank you Tom and Amanda. The kind words you said to me, Tom, were among the most complimentary of my career, and your hug, Amanda, as I left, was perhaps the most insistent I have ever received from a grateful bride. You made me feel so very honoured. Thank you both!

No comments:

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller