Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rockhampton Workshops - Thursday Last week


Hello Blog! Sorry it has been so long since I gave you something new to show! Its just that I have been so busy running my workshops in Rockhampton again...
Last Thursday was the start of it all. Getting up at 4am to catch the plane from Melbourne was difficult, but arriving in warm and sunny Rockhampton was its own reward. That evening I met with a small group of photographers who had booked for an Off Camera Flash photography workshop. We had a couple of Harley Davidson motorcycles on hand and Sarah, a Moulin Rouge dancer from Paris as our model. It was a great experience being able to show the few who were gathered some of the principles of off camera flash and the simple ways that any street scene can be transformed with a flashgun or two, some cellophane, exposure manipulation and a couple of PocketWizards. I don't do a lot of shooting at my workshops, but here are a couple of images quickly grabbed from the initial setups.
Then, after a quick grab of some take-away dinner, I was in the Rockhampton Camera Club rooms for a Creative People Photography presentation. I was told later that they were all very happy with the lecture and a few have signed on for some workshops should I return to Rockhampton...which I think I will.
Ok..that's it for now. More to come on the weekend Wedding Photography workshops and the Trash the Dress workshop that followed.

No comments:

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller