Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Compact to Rid the Creative Lag

I was speaking with friend and fellow photographer, Matt Bennett, the other day as I popped into his studio. In our conversations we bemoaned the fact that often the thing photographers do the least is actually take photographs. Much of the time is marketing, logistics, travelling, photoshopping etc. Sometimes, a week or two can pass and you haven't even taken a photograph. Matt himself has a distinct style that is being well received, but I encouraged him to get out and shoot for himself to keep the passion alive.
Yesterday I was in town with another friend and fellow photographer, Greg Beyer. We attended a PhotoShop CS3 seminar together. While taking a walk around the streets at lunch time I made sure to carry the Leica C-Lux 2 I have been reviewing and take some photographs. Even if the images themselves are not mind blowing, they serve the purpose of keeping you alert, seeeing, photographing. I recommend a quality compact camera for every photographer - professional and amateur alike. They are there when you need them, and they are great for keeping the vision alive.


Images: Shelton Muller, taken with Leica C-Lux 2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, shelton. I now take my little camera everywhere, as it's so handy to use something that's not bulky, is hassle-free in its use. I just feel much more likely now to take whatever takes my fancy, in any weather. Have got some interesting pix!

Anonymous said...

PS: Forgot to say how much I like these two images, but more particularly the top one, very colourful and graphic, of course! And, I know which building it is, too!

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller