Monday, January 07, 2008

Jason and Sharon


It was a very hot 37 degrees Celsius on Saturday, and guess who spent ten hours in it shooting a wedding! However, let me commend my hosts, Jason and Sharon, the bride and groom, for enjoying their very warm wedding day without a single complaint.

We all had fun, despite drooping hair, melting make-up, sweaty suits - and that was just eth boys! What choice do you have? There is very little you can do to escape 37 degree heat. So the best thing to do is make of it what you can. Sharon and Jason were not going to let a little thing like hear get in the way of their wedding day.

This was my first wedding with my new Fuji S5, and I am very pleased with it. I thought I would give it its first official gig, but had my handy Nikon D200 alongside. I ended up shooting with both, which made the whole 'changing lenses' thing much easier.

I also, for this wedding, decided against using a tripod most of the day. It was just too hot! We spent most of our time in Flinders Lane in Melbourne's CBD, and Hosier Lane, the famous lane where photographers utilise the very creative graffitti that has been sprayed all over the walls. Then, off the the Botanical Gardens for some 'old standards'. It was a great day and, as always, I felt honoured to have been a part. I even got to catch up with another couple whose wedding I photographed only a year ago. They knew I was going to be there and they brought a gift for me as additional thanks for my efforts on their wedding day. Now, that's beautiful.
I love my job!

2 comments:

theatrezero said...

wow, you're amazing.

Shelton Muller said...

Thank you very much!

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller