Saturday, February 07, 2009

A Simple Affair

Jordan and Oleysia's wedding was a relatively simple affair. There were only around 20 guests, a groomsman, a bridesmaid and of course - the couple. I had been recommended to them by a friend and so I received the call. Jordan told me I was only needed for about three hours to cover the ceremony, a few quick family group photographs and then a few photographs of them as a couple. They sounded like a lovely couple and I wanted to help. I am glad I did. I had a ball!
We wound up at the St Kilda Botanical Gardens for a few quick traditional images, and then on to the St Kilda pier for a few more photographic opportunities. Jordan told me that they were a conservative couple, although once we got into the photography Oleysia really got into the fun of it all. Jordan did too, which surprised me as he is a soft spoken and conservative young man. Because it is always a priority of mine to ensure the couple are having fun, Jordan was able to relax and simply enjoy the photo session. 
When we finished at the pier, it was on to Riva, a restaurant at the St Kilda Marina where the reception was being held. Oleysia wanted to use the area where there was a fountain and some tall palms as a setting for some photographs. By this time she was really enjoying the photo session, spurred on no doubt by having seen some images I had already taken that impressed both of them.  So, using off camera flash and the palms, as a backdrop, I dropped to the ground and took some unexpected images of Oleysia dancing to her own music. It was too much fun! Thanks to both of you for a fun morning's work!

No comments:

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller